Wednesday, October 26, 2016

CROCHET BEAD WORK

I learnt to crochet and knit from my mum and over the years I have thought of how to incorporate it into my bead work. After much research and prancing about I have carved a niche for INKA’s collection of beaded jewellery using the crochet method mostly using seed beads.
It is one of the methods I like working with most even though it can be time consuming sometimes. What makes it fun is the rhythm of work. Depending on the design to be made, there is a mix of colours of seed beads and the right tone of twine to match it. The most important is this aspect of colour blending. Even though you can hardly go wrong with colours crochet necklaces either make or unmake your outfit.






The best part of working with the crochet method is the ease at which you can vary your stitches and quantity of beads as well as sizes depending on the balance you want.

It is fun to make and no matter how chunky you want your necklace I must confess that it is always light to wear and a great match for any occasion all day long. I love love to work with crochet and make it has become a number one on the client list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment